Saturday, August 28, 2010

Please support Pixi Foto Foundation and Heartkids Australia :)

Hello


I would not normally do this, however I wanted to let you know that in 3 weeks my family and I are running in the Sydney Running Festival and for the third year in a row i'll be taking on the Half Marathon to raise money for Pixi Foto Foundation and HeartKids Australia.


Incidence of Childhood Heart Disease (CHD) is far greater than most people expect. 
CHD is the leading cause of death of young children in Australiaaccounting for more than 30% of all childhood deaths, and takes more lives than all other childhood diseases combined. 
Although it comes as quite a shock, an astounding 6 babies each day in Australia are diagnosed with heart disease! 
More than 4 young Australians will die this week as a result of congenital heart disease.


I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the Heartkids children and their stories are unbelievable!.


Many of them have had multiple operations and continue to take medication for the rest of their lives. Sadly, some don't make it, however with much needed funds, HeartKids Australia can do more research, offer more support to families and provide greater care for the kids and families that are dealing with these issues.

I am still a bit off my fundraising goal for this year, so please help this cause, whatever you can give is the perfect amount, no matter how small. You can do this securely at www.gofundraise.com.au/juliaandpaul

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Best wishes
Julia
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment