Monday, October 11, 2010

My first Cross Fit Session

HI
I mentioned yesterday on the show that I'd let you know how my first cross fit training session went.


I arrived at 10.30am to meet with Troy from Fitta Bodies at his new gym in Kensington.
I do love High Intensity Interval Training, but was so keen to be trained one on one with a trainer at that intensity.


Well, let's start by saying I had to do 5 exercises for 1 minute each and move on to the next exercise straight away without rest in between. At the end of 5 exercises I got 1 minutes rest.


I repeated the whole routine 5 times.


After round 2 I was wobbly, sweat was dripping off me and i was breathing very heavily. This was after 10 minutes! I've never felt like that after a jog before.


I pushed myself to do 5 whole rounds instead of the preliminary 3 rounds and once I finished I felt great! 


But it was tough! It was an awesome workout! And it was done in 30 minutes!




I wasn't wearing my heart rate monitor, but i'll wear it when I go back and see Troy next week and let you know how I did.


First impressions: Great gym setup, awesome trainer, hard workout, lots of sweat and an all over body workout!


Oh yea, and on Troy's website it mentions that is customary to get lots of bruises!


Well I was initiated with 2 bruises by the end of the workout! And I bruise easily, so time to get the ice pack and the Arnica oil out!


Can't wait for next week!


Also, this is what I plan to look like after I've been training cross fit for awhile. This chick is fit, toned and has  such low body fat!
Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment